Industrial Hygiene Services
When renovating an older building or demolishing a structure to make way for something new, it is important to determine the presence of asbestos.
Asbestos exposure is a severe health risk that can potentially lead to conditions like mesothelioma, lung cancer and other types of asbestos-related cancer.
Federal and state regulations require asbestos surveys and inspections be completed on projects at institutional, commercial or industrial buildings undergoing renovations or demolition.
L&R provides asbestos surveys, assessments and proactive management of asbestos containing materials (ACM) in an organized, thorough and consistent manner.
Our team has extensive experience in preforming comprehensive asbestos surveys including asbestos screenings, pre-demolition asbestos surveys, and pre-renovation asbestos surveys. We have professionals who maintain certifications including Certified AHERA Asbestos Inspectors and NIOSH Technicians Certified in Asbestos Fiber Counting.
Lead Paint Services
L&R’s lead certified personnel have the experience and capability to assess and proactively manage lead-paint concerns related to the use, renovation, or demolition of buildings and structures. Our professionals routinely perform lead surveys on industrial and commercial structures to facilitate renovations and demolition and perform lead-based paint inspections and risk assessments on residential structures and other facilities.
L&R’s experience includes compliance with various state and local government entities, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Lead Paint Services Include:
- Systematic assessments focusing on the use of X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) analyzers to provide efficient, cost effective, and reliable results
- Comprehensive lead-containing paint surveys for renovation and demolition projects in industrial, commercial, and municipal buildings
- Preparing of lead compliance work plans and/or negative exposures assessments for contractors involved in building renovation and demolition projects
- Lead-based paint inspections and risk assessment for public housing and child occupied facilities
- Lead paint inspections in support of the EPA Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP) Rule
- Project oversight, third party air monitoring, and worker exposure air monitoring during remediation activities for compliance with project specifications and local, state and federal regulations
- Preparation of lead-based paint operations and maintenance program
Mold Assessment Services
Mold and airborne particulate matter such as pollen, pollutants, and fibers are encountered in our everyday lives. We usually do not associate a concern with them until they begin to affect our health or our homes. The greatest concern with mold is its potential as an allergen. Negative health effects can be associated with the presence of mold in elevated concentrations.
It is imperative that a certified microbial inspector survey, assess and sample potentially impacted areas and develop a plan to ensure proper remediation. Our environmental specialists have extensive training to ensure all local, state, and federal guidelines and requirements are met during mold remediation activities.
We provide third-party contractor oversite of mold remediation projects and post remediation verification to ensure the project was completed successfully.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Services
L&R provides assessment and corrective action services for a variety of environmental concerns commonly encountered in both commercial and residential building environments. L&R has a professional staff that includes industrial hygienists, biologists and environmental scientists able to efficiently identify and assess indoor air quality problems and provide other industrial hygiene services.
IAQ Services Include:
- Hazardous Material Surveys of commercial and industrial real estate that address various renovation and demolition requirements
- Management of facility decommissioning projects involving the removal of industrial wastes and regulated building wastes
- Demolition/Abatement Oversight
- Radon and Indoor Air Quality Assessments
- Asbestos Inspections and Consulting
- Comprehensive Asbestos Surveys for renovation and demolition projects
- Lead-Based Paint Assessments
- On-site Employee Monitoring